Our aim is to work in partnership with other organisations to provide a high quality repairs and maintenance service to our Tenants. We aim to achieve this by:
- Developing and publishing standards for the service
- Ensuring all our homes meet the Government’s Decent Homes standard
- Making sure our services are good value for money
- Regularly reviewing and improving our services.
Repairs are classified into three different categories.
Repairs are carried out when there could be serious damage caused to your home or risk to life
Repairs need to be completed fairly promptly to stop either a problem getting worse or affecting other people. We make appointments for these repairs and aim to complete them within four working days
Repairs are not considered to pose any danger and are carried out on an appointment basis within 20 working days, depending on the work required
Occasionally before these repairs can be carried out, we may need to arrange a survey to assess exactly what needs to be done. If there is structural damage to a building, it may need to be monitored for a period of time to see if it is safe. In serious cases like these, targets are not set for completing the repairs but they will be carried out as quickly as possible.
Who is Responsible for Repairs?
Alpha is responsible for maintaining the structure and outside of your home to an acceptable standard. The Association is also responsible for the main services such as plumbing, heating and electrical circuits.
In flats, Alpha is responsible for repairing shared entrances, halls, stairways, lighting in shared areas, shared aerials and fire-safety equipment. As a tenant, you are responsible for:
- Looking after your own fixtures, fittings and appliances
- Replacing lost keys
- Plumbing-in washing machines and dishwashers
Reporting a Repair
You can report a repair:
- Through your Sheltered Scheme Manager (if applicable)
- Online via our website
- By telephoning Head Office on 028 90787750 (9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
- In person at our Head Office
- By writing to Alpha Housing (NI) Ltd, Alpha House, 6 Edgewater Road, Belfast, BT3 9JQ
When you report a repair you should tell us your full name, address and as much information as you can provide regarding the repair.
Emergency Repairs Outside of Office Hours
Should you require an emergency repair outside of Office hours, you should pull your Telecare emergency pull cord (if applicable) and inform Fold Telecare.
If you do not have a pull cord, you should contact Fold Telecare directly on 0800 731 3081